Monday 28 May 2012

An Excellent (Godly) Wife

In our last post, we discussed priorities.  God is, and always should be, our number one priority, but what comes next?  The answer for wives is, "our husbands."  As we pursue God and desire His will for our lives, we'll see that He desires oneness in our marriages and for us to become "excellent wives" for the good of our husbands, and for His ultimate glory.

Grace Driscoll of Mars Hill Church in Seattle did a great job of breaking down what it practically looks like to work towards becoming an excellent wife, and respecting our husbands. 

http://pastormark.tv/2011/10/20/an-excellent-godly-wife

Check out her post, and then pray through these questions!

Questions:
#1 - Do I bring my husband "good, not harm, all the days of his life"?

#2 - Do I respect my husband, not just outwardly, but in my head and my heart as well?

#3 - How can I demonstrate to my husband that I desire to respect and honor him daily?

What are some of the ways you try to show your husband that you desire to honor and respect him?  Share them in our comments section!  And don't forget to signup as a follower to receive notifications of new posts here at The City Well!

To God be the glory, forever and ever, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment